It’s fall and that means pumpkin goodness. So for my first Foodie Friday recipe is these wonderful pumpkin bars. They are easy to make and a great take anywhere dessert. The moist cake with delicious cream cheese icing makes you wish fall was all year long.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make during the fall season. It’s easy to make and keeps great. Actually they get better every day. I’m always super excited the day after I make them because they are a great treat for breakfast.
They are such a pretty color even the batter looks delicious.
Yes that is a fallen. I took them out of the oven a little too soon causing them to fall. I put them back in to finish cooking, but the damage was done. The bars still turned out delicious and after they were iced you couldn’t even tell.
That cream cheese icing makes these moist, flavorful bars even better.
- 16 oz can or 2 cups pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves Cream cheese icing
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 15x10x1 inch baking pan
- In large bowl, combine all bar ingredients; beat at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into greased pan
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clane
- Cool completely In a small bowl, combine all icing ingredients
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Hope you enjoy. Be sure and comment to let me know some of your favorite pumpkin recipes.
Until next time,