Do you ever find yourself avoiding a recipe because it’s too hard, too many ingredients, or not enough time. Well I am definitely guilty of that. While I enjoy cooking from scratch, it can be time consuming and messy. And honestly, I don’t always have the time to fix a complicated recipe. Because of that, I love those go to recipes that take little time and effort and minimal mess.
Over the years, I’ve spent a lot of time reading cookbooks and trying new recipes to build up my cooking arsenal. While I don’t have the time to read as many cookbooks today, I still love to try new recipes. I also enjoy tweaking old and new recipes to suit my family, make them easier to cook, or just put my personal stamp on them.
For several years, I’ve enjoyed cooking. It’s one of the parts of homemaking I given a lot of focus. Mostly, because I enjoy cooking. But not all the time? Sometimes I want to throw something together for a quick bite. I really like those recipes that I can hack to make it quicker and easier. Sometimes I need a fast and easy recipe. This is one of those recipes. Easy and Quick!
Even though this recipe is easy. Sometimes I use shortcuts to make it even and easier. I keep most of these ingredients on hand, so when I need a quick snack for drop in guests or to take somewhere. This is my go to recipe. It’s one of my favorite dips and the recipe is so easy it’s almost embarrassing. It’s a big hit wherever I take it.
Make this recipe faster and easier using the hack shortcuts, check out the Hack This Recipe in recipe below.
Southwestern Chicken Dip
Southwestern Chicken Dip. Cheesy, yummy, ooey-gooey goodness. Easy to prepare. Always a hit!
- 2 – 3 chicken breast*
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can Salsa
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning mix or 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp to season chicken
- 1 (11 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- Toss chicken breasts with 1 Tbsp. of Taco Seasoning.
- In medium pan, saute chicken breasts over medium heat until done. Reserve remaining Taco Seasoning for recipe.
- Dice chicken (yield 2 cups).
- In microwave-safe dish, add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well. Cover.
- Microwave on High for 3 -5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Stir before serving. Serve with tortillas chips.
Hack This Recipe
- *1. Substitution for chicken breasts
- 1 (9 oz.) pkg. (2 cups) cooked southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips, thawed, diced, or
- canned chicken, or
- your own pre-cooked frozen chicken.